Monday, January 16, 2017

Review: Gotham Season 3 Episode 10, Time Bomb [SPOILERS]

OVERVIEW
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankly, this episode annoyed me from start to finish. From our lead heroes to our lead villains, no one failed to annoy me. Worst episode of Gotham in recent memory.

[WORST CRIMES DISCLAIMER: This episode shows torture.]

LOWS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Lee. Lee and Jim.
Why is Lee associating so closely with Falcone? I know he's technically her father-in-law-to-be, but it seems dangerous and morally questionable to hang out with him just, like, in her down time with her boyfriend.

And it was totally glossed over. She never explained her behavior. Nobody asked her about it. It's just...why?

Also, I strongly -- like, really, really freaking strongly -- disapprove of the kiss between Lee and Jim. I don't think it's technically cheating to be in love with more than one person, but I do think that kissing them both/all is technically cheating, yes. Yes, that was cheating. For sure, it was. Godammit.

2. Penguin Vs. Barbara

Penguin and Barbara fighting is lame, and random. Since when does Penguin talk down to her like that? Since when does Barbara point guns at Penguin and plot to overthrow him? Lame. I thought they were friends.

...super lame. :(

3. Nygma torturing Butch and Tabatha

Ok, geez. Look, I know Butch and Tabatha are two of the least likable characters in the show. And I know Gotham has, like, this need to remind us every so often that it's a dark show. And I know it's really not that dark compared to a lot of crap on TV these days, but....ughhhh.

I keep hoping (stupidly) that we've moved beyond that and we don't have to see torture sessions once or twice a season anymore.

MEDIUMS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Mario being infected

Well, I didn't see it coming. I guess it's a good twist.

HIGHS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None

RATINGS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General: 5/10

Compared-To-All-The-Content-I've-Ever-Loved: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment